In November I saw my doctor I weight 367, I regained 7 lbs.
I was disappointed, but I had been eating too much potato chips and other junk
food. The next week I saw the dietician and lost 2 more lbs getting to 365 lbs.
I worked in November and December to cut my fast and junk food consumption
again. I weighed myself on December
22, 2015 and I weighed 357. I may reach my goal a month or two
late. I still have been walking three days in a row and one day off. I had a
few bumps in early November but I got back onto the regimen. The plan is four
days in a row of walking then one day off starting in January.
I have been having abdominal pain since June. I started to
worry about the abdominal pain. I thought it could be a groin pull, but the
pain was too high for that. My potassium was seen as low back in August,
because of my new blood pressure meds. I had increased my potassium intake in
October and continued it through the present. I had some tests, because I had a
hernia as an infant. Those tests showed no new issues in that field. The
soreness is overworking muscles, so I need to learn when to rest.
In October and November, I really worked on eating more
vegetarian and vegan dishes. My cholesterol was high. I went to two to three red meat dishes to only
four meat dishes period. That does not include my two or three nights out. I
had previously converted ground beef dishes to ground turkey. Otherwise I am
following an Ovo-Lacto-Pesco Vegetarian diet, so that means I am following a
semi-vegetarian or flexitarian diet. The term reducetarian fits more that I am
working to reduce the consumption of meat. I am not being rigid, but doing my
best to get healthier.
A result of the lowering of my intake of meats and starches
is all of my size 56 waist pants are too loose. I seriously need a new belt.
This is a good problem to have. My long term goal is 200 lbs. I may or may not
get to 350 lbs by January, but the plan for 2016 is a 50 lbs goal for the whole
year. I have to do this slow and steady. If I lose more next year I will be
happy, but I am going to do everything in my power for 50 pounds a year. I hope
to be at 300 lbs by next January.
I am working on my dental issues too. I have a broken tooth
and two wisdom teeth causing issues. At the first dental appointment, my blood
pressure was too high due to a migraine. I am scheduled for January 6th
for the broken tooth. It is currently broken below the gum line and there is
swelling.
I have been also working to get more consistent care in
counseling and mental health services. Since I started my new life I have been
battling with serious bouts of depression. I have suspected for years I may
have Seasonal Affective Disorder. I found a program that is more clinical, that
last service provider was a University counseling center. That program I had to
get renewed every 2 or 3 months. There was no guarantee I would have the same
counselor, and after a year I would get a new one. This was not conducive to
consistency of care.
I am scheduled to get more tests, including calcium, kidney
and liver function tests. I am doing my best to improve my health. I sometimes
have to rest my regimen due to migraines, injuries, or illness. I have to just
get back on the horse after these road bumps. I got to remember to keep moving
and do let myself become stagnant. This is a marathon not a sprint.
No comments:
Post a Comment